Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kanye West "Coldest Winter" Video Premiere

"Coldest Winter" is the seventh track to be lifted from Kanye West's rather brilliant fourth album 808s & Heartbreak (eighth if you count "See You In My Nightmares"--see: "We Were Once A Fairytale"). It's been a minute since Kanye released a video from this album, not that anyone was really expecting him to drop any more from the 2008 set, but I'm glad he did. While Kanye doesn't actually appear in this video, the Harry Potter-esque clip is a cool visualization of the outstanding song. I don't know for sure what Kanye is planning for his next album, but I think it'll be more along the lines of rap again, which saddens me because more of this style would be just wonderful! I would say that maybe he should leave it alone anyway because he might mess it up, but it's Kanye, for crying out loud!

No comments: