The #1 Movie In America!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Continuing from the same show as last week, Beyonce sings "Believe" from the movie "The Polar Express" with Josh Groban in this clip. Me likey. Note: Sorry about the tags. It was that or horrible audio, so... ya. :)
"Better In Time"
Leona Lewis performed at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday celebration, a concert to benefit his 46664 charity. A short interview concering Leona's involvement in 46664 followed her performances. She did a nice job & it's always cool to see a celebrity using their talents for a good cause.
Friday, June 27, 2008
"Since You've Been Gone" is the second single off Day26's self-titled debut album. I guess the single choice is radio-friendly & I suppose the video is alright. I'm just surprised they got a second single ... they are on Bad Boy...
Jordin Sparks performed her third single "One Step At A Time" off her debut album recently on So You Think You Can Dance. It was a great performance & Jordin sounded awesome! I love her.
This week's #1 single on the Hot 100 chart^
See full charts HERE.
well I was goin to do a special blog for my fans but yes im engaged and with child a girl and her name will be Egypt... she will be here in october just before the holiday album in november is released and the sophomore album in january!
Well, there you have it, folks. The 19-year-old is pregnant, engaged, & preparing new music for us as well. Congratulations to Princess P. I'm excited to hear her new music personally, which will supposedly be jazz-influenced--her specialty imo.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Keyshia Cole - "Heaven Sent"/"Let It Go" (with Lil' Kim)
Chris Brown - "With You"/"Take You Down" (with Ciara)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Check out a little sneak peek of Jennifer Hudson's debut music video for "Spotlight" off her upcoming self-titled album, due September 30th. She is looking good imo. Is she really using her Oscar in her video? Awesome.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Every year at The Academy Awards, each nominated piece in the Best Original Song category is performed throughout the show, leading up to the announcement of the winner. In 2005, Beyonce performed 3 of the 5 nominated songs during the show. For this & each of the next couple weeks, I will be featuring one of her performances from that night. This week is her rendition of "Learn To Be Lonely" from "The Phantom Of The Opera." Beautiful. Absolutely stunning.
Friday, June 20, 2008
"What It Is (Strike A Pose)," featuring T-Pain, is the fifth single off Lil' Mama's debut album VYP: Voice Of The Young People. When I first heard the song, I didn't like it at all, but something about there being a video turned that around for me. This girl never goes wrong with the visuals, even if this is the most generic video she's done in at least a while. Still, good stuff.
YouTube sensation Dondria AKA Phatfffat has signed to So So Def & is preparing her recording career. Check out this clip, which will fill you in on who she is if you don't know. You can hear, in part, her new single "Can't Stop" being played within the video. Dondria's debut album Dondria vs. Phatfffat is due out on July 29th. I am reeeally digging this girl. She is so talented!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
As was reported here months ago, Christina Milian confirms that she has signed with MySpace/Interscope Records in this video recorded in April. The video basically just features the celebration that occured when it came time for Christina to sign.
"Presto" is Pixar's all-new short film that will be attached to showings of their new movie "WALL-E," which hits theaters June 27th. Above, you can check out a preview of the short. It looks hilarious!
In other Mariah news, click HERE to listen to her third single "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time," which features T.I. Hot!
Jordin Sparks Performs "One Step At A Time" On Regis & Kelly + Interview
- MuchMusic Video Awards Performances (Girlicious "Like Me," Sean Kingston "Take You There/There's Nothin' (with Elan from The DEY)," Rihanna "Take A Bow")
- Usher Performs On 4Music
- Ashanti Performs National Anthem On NBA Finals
- Avril Lavigne, Rihanna Win At MuchMusic Video Awards
- Samantha Mumba "Gotta Tell You (Remix)" Video Premiere
- Ashanti Performs "Good Good" On Leno
Well, that's it for the catch-up. I hope you guys can find something that you missed the first time around. I apologize for being gone ... summer stuff ... but it should be nothing but updates for the rest of the summer! Thanks for your support.
The Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up" Video Premiere
- Kelly Rowland Performs On Hilfiger Sessions ("Like This (with Wyclef Jean)," "Dilemma," "Bootylicious," "Work")
- Flo Rida ft. will.i.am "In The Ayer" Video Premiere
- The Pussycat Dolls Perform "When I Grow Up" On So You Think You Can Dance
- Amerie Signed To Def Jam
- Missy Elliott To Release Promo CD "FANomenal" To Precede New Album (Also, click to hear Missy's new single "Best, Best")
- Ashanti Performs "The Way That I Love You" On TRL + Short Interview
- Keyshia Cole On 106 & Park ("Game's Pain (with The Game)," Interview)
...but wait! there's more.
David Archuleta Thanks You!
- Nelly ft. Ciara & JD "Stepped On My J'z" Video Premiere
- N.E.R.D. Perform "Everyone Nose" On Jimmy Kimmel
- Alicia Keys "Superwoman" Video: Behind-The-Scenes
- Enrique Iglesias "Can You Hear Me" Video Premiere
- Katharine McPhee "All I Need Is You" Song Premiere
- Maroon 5 "It Won't Be Soon Before Long (Re-release)" Details
- Missy Elliott Block Party Update
- Mariah Carey Enlists T.I. For Third Single "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"
- WALL-E Meets A Fire Hydrant
oh... there's more.
Keri Hilson In A Perfect World... EPK
- Janet Jackson: 'No More Singles From Discipline'
- Jennifer Lopez Performs On Russian MUZ TV Awards (Medley + "Get Right," "Waiting For Tonight," "Let's Get Loud")
- Disturbed, Lil' Wayne Top Billboard 200, Hot 100, Respectively (while Ashanti's The Declaration debuts at #6 with 86,000 copies sold)
- Keri Hilson Collaborates With Nas
- New Ashanti/Leona Lewis/Michelle Williams Promo Pics
- New David Archuleta Promo Pics
- New Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Trailer
- David Archuleta Officially Signs With Jive Records
- Leona Lewis Performs "Better In Time" On Italian X Factor
...still more to come!
Jordin Sparks "One Step At A Time" Video Premiere
- Ashanti Performs On Good Morning America ("The Way That I Love You," Hits Medley (with Ja Rule))
- Usher On Jimmy Kimmel ("Love In This Club," Interview)
...more to come!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
"I Decided" is the first single off Solange's upcoming sophomore album SoL-AngeL & The Hadley St. Dreams, due August 26th. After much anticipation, the arrival of the video brings something unexpected. Who knew Solange could be so innovative? It's a bit too flashy & random for my taste, however it's quite refreshing. Nice to see Solange coming into her own.
Kelly Rowland performed the ever-popular Freemasons remix of her song "Work" on the Australian TV show Rove recently. It was a cool performance. I sure wish we could see more of her here in the US, but I suppose those days are gone.
UPDATE: Check out the interview Kelly did when she appeared on the show below--
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The other performance at this year's MTV Video Music Awards Japan came from Fergie accompanying Nelly on their single "Party People." I love this song more & more every time I hear it. To quote a certain reality show judge, this was 'molten hot'! The Japanese are really makin' me jealous.
The Way That I Love You
You're Gonna Miss
In These Streets
Ashanti finally did something to promote her new album The Declaration, dropping Tuesday, by performing on Walmart Soundcheck. She did both new & old songs, the 3 featured above being the former. I really, really enjoyed her performances. She sang live--& very well, I might add--& did her best to try & convince me to buy her new record. I was going to anyway, but I'm pretty excited for it now!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Welcome, one & all, to the Mariah Carey Comedy Hour! As Mariah continued on her Japanese promo tour, in what has got to be some kind of a joke, she performed alongside some group from Japan that go by the name of SMAP. She sang 2 songs--& fairly well I might add: her classic "Hero" & her latest #1 "Touch My Body." However, the Japanese dudes sounded like something out of a horrible American Idol audition. Feel free to judge for yourself.
Arguably today's biggest international star, Leona Lewis performed "Better In Time," what is generally her current single in most of the world, overseas recently. Is it weird that this girl is still taking over the charts with her album Spirit & yet I feel I haven't seen her in a while? Nevertheless, she did a great job & I thought this was a cool performance.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
During her visit to Japan, Mariah Carey stopped by the television show Music Station to do an interview & perform her #1 hit "Touch My Body." The interview isn't exactly entertaining because all the questions are in Japanese & only Mariah's answers are in English (a translator gets them the message), but I rather enjoyed her performance. She's no Janet with dance moves or anything, but it's not like Mariah needs them. Mariah's new #1 album E=MC², which is still in the top 10, is out now!
Four years ago, Christina Aguilera began to tease us with a taste of what was to come. She recorded a duet with rapper Nelly entitled "Tilt Ya Head Back" that had a throwback vibe that would go on to inspire her next studio album Back To Basics. When Nelly released the song as a single, the pair performed it on the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards & brought down the house. Christina's brilliant skills as a performer were brought to the forefront that night in this excellent performance.