Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BET Awards '08 Performance Highlights

Keyshia Cole - "Heaven Sent"/"Let It Go" (with Lil' Kim)



Nelly - "Stepped On My J'z" (with Ciara & JD)/"Party People" (with Fergie)



Usher "Love In This Club"


Alicia Keys - "Teenage Love Affair"/"Weak" (with SWV)/"Hold On" (with EnVogue)/"Waterfalls" (with TLC)


Chris Brown - "With You"/"Take You Down" (with Ciara)

The BET Awards show this year didn't blow me away. Keyshia Cole's performance, though I love her, was just alright; nothing special. Nelly's was pretty good, thanks to Ciara & Fergie popping up. Alicia Keys' performance was decent, though she sounded weird ... & not much better can be said for the vets she brought out--especially TLC, which saddens me because I really like them. Ciara joined Chris Brown during his performance of his song "Take You Down," which was cool, but neither of them sang (Chris didn't even pretend). Speaking of not singing, Usher opened the show lip-synching, which depresses me, as everything else he did was on-point. Oh well. There's always next year ... or the VMAs...

View a list of the winners HERE (Go Missy!)

No comments: