Thursday, October 8, 2009

N.E.R.D. Announces New Member, Album Title

N.E.R.D. has pulled a Black-Eyed Peas & introduced a female member into the group. The singer, Rhea, will join N.E.R.D. for their next album, entitled Instant Gratification, which is due in 2010. As you can imagine, the addition has opened up new doors for the group, which Pharrell describes below:

"Musically, we're just somewhere else [with her]. The music is now very 3D. It's something you have to hear. ... We're just really excited. We feel like N.E.R.D. has always been the punks of hip-hop & the outcasts of alternative music—just a little different. But this time, we're taking no prisoners."

I think this is great news! I already like N.E.R.D.'s style, so the addition of what I'm sure are impressive vocal chops should only make them better. I don't really know anything about Rhea, but it's only a matter of time now!

[Source, Source]

1 comment:

Lola said...

Cool. I can't wait for the next album. Seeing Sounds was incredible!!! I wanna see how they can top it since I know that they can. N.E.R.D. ROCKS!!!!!!!