Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 VH1 Hip Hop Honors Performance Highlights


Ashanti & Ja Rule - Medley


Mary J. Blige, Method Man, & Redman - Medley

VH1 featured Def Jam in their annual Hip Hop Honors special this year & a couple of decent performances came out of it. Ashanti & Ja Rule teamed up once again for their hits "Down 4 U" & "Always On Time." Honestly, I've tried to enjoy Ashanti's music during this recent era of The Declaration, but Ashanti will never be better to me than she was in her Ja Rule-collaborating days. The two of them created magic together. Actually, it almost depresses me thinking about it because I know the days of music like this are gone. Also, following a Method Man/Redman collabo, Mary J. Blige joined Method Man onstage to perform their classic (or so the internet tells me) "I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By." Cool beans.

No comments: