Thursday, September 25, 2008

Billboard Update



^This week's #1 album on the Billboard 200 chart
This week's #1 single on the Hot 100 chart^

See full charts HERE.

They almost spoiled me last week, & my goodness, we can't have that! Metallica's Death Magnetic stays put atop this week's Billboard 200 album chart, while T.I.'s horrible "Whatever You Like" reclaims the #1 spot on this week's Hot 100 singles chart. While there isn't much good Billboard-related news to post this week, I find it interesting that Kristy Lee Cook's rushed debut album Why Wait came in at #49. Irony, anyone? It makes me sick to think that, even if it flops, they are willing to release an album from any run-of-the-mill Carrie Underwood wannabe, while outstanding talent like Syesha Mercado goes unnoticed when proper timing & promotion could rocket her to the top of the charts & (vocally) give Beyonce a run for her money. *Sigh*

"Crush" Watch
TW: #15 - LW: #32 - Peak: #2 - Week: #6

No comments: