Friday, August 15, 2008

Last '08 MTV VMA Nominees Announced

Video Of The Year
  • The Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up"
  • Britney Spears "Piece Of Me"
  • Chris Brown "Forever"
  • The Ting Tings "Shut Up & Let Me Go"
  • Jonas Brothers "Burnin' Up"

Best Rock Video

  • Paramore "crushcrushcrush"
  • Linkin Park "Shadow Of The Day"
  • Foo Fighters "The Pretender"
  • Slipknot "Psychosocial"
  • Fall Out Boy "Beat It"

Well, this is quite a letdown. The best video of the year, Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body," didn't get a nomination in the top category ... & yet, Britney's only half-decent video for "Piece Of Me" got a pity nomination ... go figure. Anyway, that forces me to choose The Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up" as my pick for the (unlikely) win. As far as Best Rock Video, that is one category that doesn't do much for me, but I'll have to go with the only choice I can stand: Paramore's "crushcrushcrush."

[Source]

No comments: