Friday, April 4, 2008

Kelly Clarkson Comments On Leaked Demos

Recently, four unfinished tracks from Kelly Clarkson hit the net & she isn't exactly pleased about the situation. The tracks are "Close Your Eyes," "Ready," "One Day," & "With A Little Bit Of Luck." Clarkson said:

"I write all the time -- lots of stuff not meant to ever be released, just working on ideas. The fact that people have heard music that's not ready yet sucks, but I hope they like it."

The new demos show that she may be headed in a new musical direction. With her "folksy arrangements," Clarkson could be continuing her dabbling in country music with her new project. As far as the folk influence goes, I'm all for it; it sounds really good. I think the final versions of some of the songs she is working on are going to be the perfect medium of what shined on her Breakaway album & the direction she sees for herself [see: My December]. I do wish, however, that she would stay away from country music because we have enough country-influenced Idol alumni & plenty of crossover artists right now.

[Source, Source]

No comments: