Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ashanti Album Update

Ashanti has just released "The Woman You Love", the Busta Rhymes-assisted, Jerry Wonder-produced first single off her upcoming fifth studio album. The album will be released through her own imprint Written Entertainment & distributed via a new deal with eOne Music (who released Brian McKnight's most recent album). Ashanti released the following statement about the deal:
"I'm so excited to have my own record label, Written Entertainment. With eOne as my distributor, I feel that their innovative & ambitious approach to the music industry really gives my label a worldwide presence. They have the top radio people in the business & are hungry to win! The more I learned the business, the more I knew this is what I wanted. Ownership is so important. As a business woman, this was a great move for me!"

I'm glad she's happy. I really haven't enjoyed her music as much though since she went beyond just being the hook girl. That tone...

[Source, Source]

No comments: