Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black Girls Rock! Recap



Keri Hilson "Breaking Point"



Fantasia "Brand New Day" // Fantasia, Kelly Price, Ledisi, & Marsha Ambrosius "I'm Every Woman"



Keyshia Cole "I Remember"



Monica "Still Standing"



Shontelle "Impossible"

I'm so glad videos from Sunday's Black Girls Rock! special on BET have finally surfaced because I watched it the night of & I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it! There were several enjoyable performances, more than I can say for most television special in recent years, & not only that, but everybody killed! I especially have to hand it to Keri Hilson, who was surprisingly (#noshade) pitch-perfect during her performance, so that was my favorite of the night. Fantasia closed the show with a number from "The Wiz" before bringing out three other divas to sing a classic. I love me some Kelly Price, but I never realized how incredible Ledisi's voice & Marsha Ambrosius' vibrato are! Keyshia Cole was another performance that I was surprised by vocally--I haven't heard her sing that well live in forever (again, #noshade)--I just wish she had done something new... You could tell Monica's been on tour the way she shut it down with her performance & Shontelle did a nice job as well. As far as the honors were concerned, Missy Elliott was presented (by my wife Ciara!) with the Visionary award! All around, a great special & a great night for BET (even if it is just a female-only BET Honors...lol).

No comments: