Monday, November 29, 2010

The 2010 Soul Train Awards Recap



Jazmine Sullivan & Doug E. Fresh - Medley



Keyshia Cole Tributes Ron Isley

I haven't watched the 2010 Soul Train Awards yet, although I plan to via my DVR as soon as I have the time, but I can already tell you that the highlight of the evening was Jazmine Sullivan's medley of "10 Seconds" & "Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)", which she brought out Doug E. Fresh (whom I believe she sampled on "Holding You Down") for. I could listen to her sing live all day! Another impressive vocal showing came from Keyshia Cole, who participated in a tribute to Ron Isley. (Note: I don't think the above video is the whole tribute--I stopped watching when Keyshia was done--but it's the only portion of it I could find in HQ anyway.) As for the winners, my favorite would have to be Ciara's "Ride" for Best Dance Performance! Other include Melanie Fiona for Best New Artist, Usher for Best Male R&B/Soul Artist (tied with Trey Songz...a mess) & Album Of The Year (Raymond Vs. Raymond), Rihanna & Eminem's "Love The Way You Lie" for Best Hip-Hop Song Of The Year, Alicia Keys for Best Female R&B/Soul Artist (shoulda been Monica or Fantasia...) & Record Of The Year for "Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)", & Janelle Monae, who won the Centric Award. View all the winners HERE.

No comments: