Sunday, September 12, 2010

Melanie Fiona On Rising Icons


Melanie Fiona returned to BET's Rising Icons for its second season to perform an acoustic set that played not unlike an episode of VH1's Storytellers. The set included "Monday Morning", "Somebody Come Get Me", "It Kills Me", & "Ay Yo", & if you like how Melanie sounds here, then you'll love her new acoustic EP, which you can buy HERE. Acoustic works for some people & Melanie is one of those people! I looove when she slows down "Monday Morning", so that was a highlight for me + the ending she gave that song = LIFE!! I've never heard the studio version of "Somebody Come Get Me", which was released before & not included on her debut album The Bridge, but I enjoyed that performance as well. And, of course, she killed "It Kills Me" & "Ay Yo" was nice too. I'm excited to hear what she has up her sleeve for her sophomore album The MF Life, which drops next year.

No comments: