Saturday, May 29, 2010

American Idol Finale Performance Highlights



Christina Aguilera "You Lost Me"



Janet Jackson & Finalists - Medley



Idols Tribute Simon Cowell

Carrie Underwood "Undo It"
Kris Allen "The Truth"
Christina Aguilera & Top 6 Girls - Medley
Paula Abdul Roasts Simon Cowell
General Larry Platt & William Hung "Pants On The Ground"

Christina Aguilera & tributes to Simon made the finale of American Idol this year's best episode, sad as it may be. Christina rocked the house with one of my favorite songs off her new album, reminding America what singing actually sounds like in the process. While I enjoyed Janet Jackson's performance (& I hate to be a party pooper)... 1) I wish she hadn't lipsynched "Nothing", 2) she could've actually danced during "Nasty", & 3) her hair looked better when it wasn't stuck to her head. Now that I have that off my chest, I'm fully aware that Janet simply being on that stage is more entertaining that anything any contestant did this season. And Siobhan, don't try to sing "Again". The Simon tribute was cool, as all the previous winners (except David Cook) & several other former finalists shared the stage together. Kelly, Fantasia, & Jordin sure did their thing too! As for Old Yeller 2.0 winning... I don't reeeally care, but considering he's a poor man's David Cook, it would've been a decent change of pace to have a girl win. I mean, I was so used to hearing such awful singing that when Crystal sang with Alanis, it actually sounded OK..! (Heck, I thought Katie & even Michael almost sounded talented during the finale.) Mainly, I just wish people would realize how pathetic & detrimental to the show it is that they vote for the winner like it's a popularity contest rather than a singing competition. If you continue to change your minds about who should win in the last few weeks of the competition & instead of picking the contestant who deserves it, you pick the one whose personality you like best, the winners are going to continue painting a bad picture of the show by not selling anything & it will spell the end of Idol. I guess it doesn't matter much though, since this show has apparently lost its ability to find people who can actually sing anyway. But speaking of people who can actually sing, check out Vonzell singing part of her single "Dirt Bag" on this week's episode of The BabyV Show:

1 comment:

ThatGuy said...

Janet did not lip sync Nothin'! That's the reason she had the real microphone when she was singing the song. Otherwise, she could've just used the headpiece to sing all the songs.