Friday, March 12, 2010

Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce "Telephone" Video Premiere

Yes, yes... the moment we've all been waiting for. The Jonas Akerlund-directed mini-movie for Lady Gaga's Beyonce-assisted "Telephone, which also features Tyrese, is here. I can't join the too cool for school club by saying I don't like it because I do. I thought I'd start off with that so it doesn't seem like I'm only focusing on the negative. It's just that, as a non-Gaga fan, I don't see the brilliance from her that we're supposed to be expecting. For one, it bugs me that the song keeps starting & stopping; that's no way to promote a single! Also, it seems to me that they pretty much wasted Beyonce. I know everyone is gonna say that this is better than the "Video Phone" clip, but with its trashy charm & the overdoing-it factor of this one, I find them a fairly even match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Telephone is outrageous! Barely there outfits. Quentin Tarantino lent them the girls from Kill Bill for the vid. A trending topic on Twitter all day today. I covered it on my show. http://bit.ly/cZ2Ji4