Thursday, March 25, 2010

Janet Jackson "Not Working On An Album"

Janet Jackson must hate me. After being teased with the news that she was working with the likes of Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins & Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis again on a new album, we are now learning that Janet Jackson is actually not working on a new album at all. Here's what she has to say for herself:

"There was a time where I was actually in the studio & I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down & talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major."

So, you're saying you're not signed then, Janet? I don't know if I really buy that or not. If she didn't sign with Interscope/A&M, then, what, did they just release the Number Ones album & pay for the "Make Me" video out of the goodness of their hearts? Ya, no way. Anyway, as for more reasoning behind why she's not currently working on an album, Janet says she hasn't "decided on exactly where [she] want[s] to go or what [she] want[s] to do." Well, alright; that's acceptable enough reasoning. I mean, do we really want another 20 Y.O. on our hands? Speaking of which, I guess if Janet was only working with Jermaine Dupri on "Nothing"--not to mention the favor she did for Darkchild (see below)--then the rumor mill got the best of me & I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for a new album anyway. One thing about releasing an album independently though: I 100% do NOT support it UNLESS she can get the same collaborators & create the same quality music as she can on a major label. Major labels may be crap (see: J Records--Monica, Mario, etc.), but I would rather deal with the stress of them than receive crappy material (see: Mya...sorry!). Anyway, at least Ms. Jackson has the movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" coming out on April 2nd!

Heartbeat Love (ft. Pitbull, Machel Montano, & Rock City)


No comments: