Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mary J. Blige On Letterman

"I Am"

Interview

Mary J. Blige was guest on the Late Show with David Letterman recently, where she performed "I Am" off Stronger With Each Tear & sat down for a quick interview, but this was no ordinary visit. MJB also performed an online mini-concert after the show, which is featured below. For the first half, Mary took it back to the '90s before getting into (& I mean INTO) some of her newer material. Truth be told, her vocals suffered from getting sooo into the performance, but you gotta respect her for putting on quite a show. I would like to see her perform more new songs though... & that doesn't count "I Am" (which she performed TWICE here, you'll notice). I'm really starting to loathe that song. Anyway, as you can see, I've included the setlist for the concert as well:

Love Is All We Need
I'm The Only Woman
Be Happy
You Bring Me Joy
Real Love
Love No Limit
Mary Jane (All Night Long)
I Am
Good Love
Just Fine
Family Affair

No comments: