Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The 2010 BET Honors Performance Highlights



Jennifer Hudson "I Will Always Love You"



Jazmine Sullivan - Medley



Mary J. Blige - Medley



India.Arie "Beautiful Flower"



Ryan Leslie "I Choose You (Part 2)"

BET really came through (for once) with the 2010 BET Honors. Jennifer Hudson performed an incredible, show-stopping rendition of Whitney Houston's signature hit in honor of the icon. The wonderful Jazmine Sullivan covered both Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" & Aretha Franklin's "Rock Steady" as a tribute to Queen Latifah. (Check out Patti LaBelle's performance after Jazzy's...she killed too!) Mary J. Blige sang an outstanding medley of her hits in honor of Diddy including "I Am," "Love No Limit," "I Love You," & "Be Happy." India.Arie honored Brown University President Ruth Simmons (whose son is India's bassist) with a lovely performance. Simply as part of the program, Ryan Leslie performed the new version of his latest. Oh, & if you thought I was gonna finish without leaving you with Kim Burrell's pitch-perfect rendition of "I Believe In You & Me," you'd be mistaken:

No comments: