Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rihanna Does Glamour Magazine

Now that 'the wait is ova,' Rihanna has done a cover shoot for the latest issue of Glamour as one of their women of the year! She looks great &, most importantly, happy in the entire shoot, the rest of which can be found below. In the issue, Rihanna finally opens up about her assault:

"My friends & family have been extremely supportive, & everyone has been there for me, but at some point, you are there alone. It's a lonely place to be--no one can understand. That's when you get close to God.

"I want to give as much insight as I can to young women ... to help speak for them. My story was broadcast all over the world for people to see & they have followed every step of my recovery. The positive thing that has come out of my situation is that people can learn from that. Domestic violence is a big secret. I want to give as much insight as I can to young women because I feel like I represent a voice that really isn't heard. Now I can help speak for those women."

I agree that domestic violence is a subject that victims of which are scared to talk about, so RiRi has a point with that. I'm really glad she's doing better! Her new album Rated R drops November 23rd.



No comments: