Friday, October 9, 2009

Britney Spears "The Singles Collection" Covers & Tracklisting

Above is the cover of the standard edition of Britney Spears' The Singles Collection (November 24th). I knew Britney wasn't gonna do a new photoshoot for this--& I don't mind if they use the opportunity to take a look back--but really? I guess this crap is what you get when the label releases something simply to cash in. I mean, if you're gonna put the photos in chronological order, then do it right! The fifth picture is from Britney's third album & the fourth one is from her fourth album. Anyway, I hope your head really itches, because you're still gonna be scratching it after you take a look at the tracklisting for The Singles Collection below:

1. ...Baby One More Time
2. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)
3. Born To Make You Happy
4. Oops!...I Did It Again
5. Stronger
6. I'm A Slave 4 U
7. Boys (The Co-Ed Remix ft. Pharrell Williams)
8. Me Against The Music (ft. Madonna)
9. Toxic
10. Everytime
11. Gimme More
12. Piece Of Me
13. Womanizer
14. Circus
15. If U Seek Amy
16. Radar
17. 3

This is pitiful. Where is "Sometimes?" "Lucky?" "Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)?" "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman?" "Break The Ice?" Not to mention that they included "Born To Make You Happy," which wasn't even a single here. I know Brit's previous hits album doesn't have any Blackout or Circus tracks on it, but it's a MUCH better set--not to mention that you oughta buy Blackout anyway & you probably already have all the Circus singles from iTunes. Now, I wasn't interested in the standard edition to begin with, but they MUST be kidding with their $100 price tag for the box set of The Singles Collection, which can be viewed below. Sure it's cool, but not for that price when you already own all of Britney's CDs. In addition to the singles, which each feature either a b-side or a remix, there is a DVD included that should have a whopping 30 videos on it (the 20 listed HERE + "Do Somethin'," "Someday (I Will Understand)," "Gimme More," "Piece Of Me," "Break The Ice," "Womanizer," "Circus," "If U Seek Amy," "Radar," & "3"), but I wouldn't hold my breath. Anyway, I've added a caption below naming each of the singles & bolding those that are missing from the standard edition in case you're curious about your favorites:

Top: ...Baby One More Time; Sometimes; (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!); Born To Make You Happy; From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - Second Row: Oops!...I Did It Again; Lucky; Stronger; Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know; I'm A Slave 4 U; Overprotected; I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman; I Love Rock & Roll - Third Row: Boys (The Co-Ed Remix); Me Against The Music; Toxic; Everytime; Outrageous; My Prerogative; Do Somethin'; Someday (I Will Understand) - Bottom: Gimme More; Piece Of Me; Break The Ice; Womanizer; Circus; If U Seek Amy; Radar; 3

[Source]

No comments: