Friday, September 4, 2009

Mariah Carey "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel" Tracklisting

We're only 25 days out from the release of Mariah Carey's new album Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel (September 29th) & finally, we have the album's tracklisting. Check out the breakdown of the 2-disc set below:

Disc 1
1. Betcha Gon' Know (the prologue)
2. Obsessed
3. H.A.T.E.U.
4. Candy Bling
5. Ribbon
6. Inseparable
7. Standing O
8. It's A Wrap
9. Up Out My Face
10. Up Out My Face (the reprise)
11. More Than Just Friends
12. The Impossible
13. The Impossible (the reprise)
14. Angel (the prelude)
15. Angels Cry
16. Languishing (the interlude)
17. I Want To Know What Love Is

Disc 2
1. Obsessed (Cahill Radio Mix)
2. Obsessed (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit)
3. Obsessed (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)
4. Obsessed (Friscia and Lamboy Radio Mix)
5. Obsessed (Video)
6. Obsessed (Remix Video)

If you don't mind me fanboy-ing momentarily, this is like a dream come true! First of all, I love that there's a little more to love in between some of the tracks. I'm one of those people that always wants a little something extra, especially with Mariah because I tend to play & play & play her albums. Also, the second disc is perfect for someone like me who is--yes, I'm going there--obsessed with "Obsessed!" I think it lends itself great to remixes & considering the song is still sitting at its current peak & its airplay is only rising, I don't think I'm the only one who digs the song. Now, "100%" didn't make the final cut (nor did the Timbaland production), but that just makes it more likely that it'll be used in "Precious." Mariah is giving us every reason to embrace her Memoirs, especially with this excellent new single, so you already know I'll be at the store on the 29th!

[Source]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I must admit I'm also one of those fanboys that plays and replays her cd's. They just never get old. Because of her layering there's always something that surprises me that I haven't noticed before! This tracklisting makes me think of Rainbow and Butterfly, which incidentally are possibly my favorite Mariah albums. I've pre-ordered Memoirs from Amazon, will be buying it on itunes, and am going to run to the store the minute it's available:)