Thursday, September 24, 2009

Billboard Update

^#1 Album #1 Single^

Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3 begins its second frame atop the Billboard 200 album chart this week, where thanks to Oprah, Whitney Houston sees a 77% increase in sales (156,000) of I Look To You, which, after three weeks, has achieved gold status with total sales of 548,000 copies. Yay! On the Hot 100 singles chart, The Black-Eyed Peas reign for a thirteenth week with "I Gotta Feeling," besting their previous stint on top. 'I gotta feeling' about this, alright--& it's not a good one. What does give me a pretty good feeling is the news that Mariah Carey's "I Want To Know What Love Is" debuts at #66 this week. Meanwhile, Jay-Z jumps 50-5 with his Alicia Keys-assisted "Empire State Of Mind," which, following the VMAs, has earned itself the week's Digital Gainer title; he also holds the Airplay Gainer title this week with the Rihanna- & Kanye West-featured "Run This Town" at #2. Finally, it brings me pleasure to report the return of Toni Braxton to the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at #96 with her new single "Yesterday."

See full charts HERE.

No comments: