Saturday, July 25, 2009

*UPDATED* Avril Lavigne Album Update

Avril Lavigne is set to release her fourth album on November 17th. She has been working with her husband Deryck Whibley, who produced eight of the nine recorded songs thus far. With tracks like "Everybody Hurts" & "Darlin'," Lavigne will return "to the emo-heavy strengths of her first two albums." Avril has also revealed the interesting tidbit that some of the songs she has been recording, including "Darlin'," were written even before she became famous:

"I always had material, but some people that I worked with didn't really care because they wanted to write the stuff," she says when asked why the tunes haven't surfaced before. "Some people were just like, 'Ah, whatever. You're a little girl. What do you know?' I know how this works. It's my fourth record. It's not rocket science. I think people doubted me before and I'm finally just like, 'I'm doing this.'"

I'm really excited that Avril has reverted back to her strengths because Under My Skin is a great album. It'll definitely be interesting to hear teen Avril's lyrics though!

UPDATE: Billboard added a few details to this story. After kicking off recording the album with the (previously posted) jingle for her fragrance "Black Star," Avril decided to turn it into a full song, so we can look forward to hearing that. Also, although she did much of the writing herself, Avril did hook up with Butch Walker & her former bandmate Evan Taubenfield for the album.

[Source]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such great news, Avril is back to the basics that made her so good.