Friday, June 19, 2009

Adam Lambert Pre-Idol Album To Be Released + More

Hi Fi Recordings (Melinda Doolittle's label) is prepping to release On With The Show, a set of pre-Idol recordings from Adam Lambert, later this summer. The album will be preceded by the lead single "Want," which can be heard HERE. Here's what Adam had to say about the matter:

"Back in 2005 when I was a struggling artist, I was hired as a studio singer to lend my vocals to tracks written by someone else. I was broke at the time & this was my chance to make a few bucks, so I jumped at the opportunity to record for my first time in a professional studio. The work I did back then in no way reflects the music I am currently in the studio working on. I'm thrilled to be working with some of today's hottest songwriters & producers & can't wait for people to hear what my music really sounds like."

I take it Adam doesn't find this situation ideal, as he shouldn't, though I won't necessarily object to as much Glambert as possible. In related news, RedOne (ya know, the producer with all the hits at the top of the charts) has been working with Adam on his REAL debut album & reveals that he hopes they "record at least six tracks for Lambert's record." Adam has also been putting some time in with David Hodges, the same guy who recently worked with Kris Allen. Off to a great start!

[Source, Source]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stand by Adam. Don't want support HIFI records. I just hope that Adam stand strong amidst all these. Go Glambert!