Wednesday, April 22, 2009

*UPDATED* Idol Review: Top 7 Part 2



Note to Simon: You want "brilliant?" Watch the video above. Adam Lambert's rendition of "If I Can't Have You" might be my favorite performance of his yet. I say 'might' because it is apparently hard for some people who are used to hearing this song in its original form to accept this version of it, but I can't imagine it sounding any differently ... without sounding worse. (The studio version is insanely incredible.) Kris Allen's performance was awesome as usual, & the dude keeps proving how talented he is & why he deserves a spot in the finale. My only criticism of the performance is that it wasn't nearly as innovative as the judges made it seem... I mean, it's not like it would've taken a rocket scientist to come up with that drum beat. Allison Iraheta was as painful as ever, yet the judges apparently mistakened her performance for the following one. Their pathetic pimping of her proves just how desperately Joanna Pacitti was needed this season. Matt Giraud was awful--America already knows that--but in an effort to try to prove they didn't waste the save, he was guaranteed another week in the competition. In fact, sad as it may be, the judges never cease to amaze me. For Old Yeller to put us through his by-the-book mess of a performance & receive his typical praise, yet Lil Rounds chooses something right up her alley & kills, but the judges refuse to give her an ounce of credit ... sometimes I have to remind myself not to get too heated over a silly reality show. Nonetheless, we said goodbye to Lil & I'm not heartbroken, even if there are (much) worse people still left in the running. Lest we forget that we also bid farewell to Anoop Desai ... too little too late for me to really care. What I WAS quite excited about was David Archuleta singing "Touch My Hand" on the results show:



Watch The Ford Commercial HERE

No comments: