Monday, February 9, 2009

The 2009 Grammy Awards Recap

Jennifer Hudson "You Pulled Me Through"

Estelle ft. Kanye West "American Boy"

Kanye West, Jay-Z, T.I., Lil' Wayne, & M.I.A. "Swagga Like Us"

Besides Jennifer Hudson, this year's Grammys kept with tradition by sucking hardcore. Let's talk about the good stuff first though. Jennifer Hudson won the first award of the night, Best R&B Album, for her self-titled debut & it was presented by the one & only Whitney Houston, which proved thrilling for both Jennifer & the audience. Later in the show, Jennifer gave an epic performance of her moving album track "You Pulled Me Through." I'm so glad the night went well for her; she deserved it. The only other win I could bring myself to be happy about was Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, which went to Estelle & Kanye West's "American Boy," the song the pair performed on the show in the same manner as always. A full list of winners can be seen HERE, but I wouldn't recommend looking because you'll get depressed; Jazmine Sullivan went 0-for-5 & Leona Lewis also left empty-handed. The last of the performances I've decided to share with you is the "Rap Pack," joined by a very pregnant M.I.A., coming together for the first time to do "Swagga Like Us," which I could've done without. I've just gotta say though: Grammys, if you want more young people to watch your show, stop giving all the awards to undeserving bluegrass singers!

No comments: