Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekend Flashback Performance: Destiny's Child At The 2001 Grammys

Ah, the days when DC3 reigned. Last night, I suddenly had the urge to watch "Charlie's Angels," so I pulled out my DVD & did just that. Courtesy of the credits at the end, I felt inclined to head straight to the special features menu & select Destiny's Child's "Independent Women Part 1" music video. As I enjoyed, I began to realize just how much I miss the group. Beyonce's B'Day, Kelly's Ms. Kelly, & Michelle's Unexpected have provided some of my favorite music of the last couple years, so Destiny's Child has become what would be somewhat of a supergroup. Naturally, I was reminded of their 2001 Grammy Awards performance, a medley of "Independent Women" & "Say My Name," which took place on a very special night for the group--the night they won their very first Grammys. An irreplaceable magic was created when these talented ladies were together, so it's always fun to relive the good ol' days. (Note: Sorry about the tags...)

No comments: