Thursday, April 3, 2008

Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake And Timbaland "4 Minutes" Video Premiere

"4 Minutes," featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland, is the first single off Madonna's upcoming album Hard Candy, out April 29th. I have liked probably one or two songs by her ever, so this joins quite an elite group. Here's the catch: the reason I like the song has nothing to do with her. I have to give props to Toya, one of my affiliates, because she got it right on the money the way I feel about this song: even though I more or less despise Justin Timberlake, he is the only reason, next to Timbo's beat, that I like this song. Who knows why it works out that way, but needless to say I have a love/hate relationship with this song. As far as the video is concerned, it's really weird. Madonna looks 10-times more airbrushed than any Mariah pic throughout the whole thing also. The Madge/JT thing is just creepy. Though I definitely feel it is overrated, I don't hate it. At least she was slightly more original with the video than she was with the song. Note: I love the similarities to Britney's "Piece Of Me" video. Ha.

No comments: