Friday, March 7, 2008

My Very First Idol Review!

Top Guy Performance: David Archuleta



Top Girl Performance: Syesha Mercado

The Rest:

Good--Jason, Chikezie, Asia'h, Amanda, Carly, Brooke
OK--Kady, Kristy
Bad--Luke, Danny, David H., Michael, David C., Ramiele

David A. is my favorite guy & Syesha is my favorite girl--you should know that going in. They both did great this week, so keep an eye out for them on here in the coming weeks, especially David A. Jason is my 2nd favorite guy & he did well, though not perfectly, this week; Chikezie impressed me, though, as I did not expect such Luther Vandross-esque vocals from him. Asia'h surprised me, so I am sad she is gone, while Amanda proved she had the ability I knew she was capable of all along. Carly is such an amazing vocalist & though she sort of needs to come into her own in the competition, she completely deserves to be in it (in reference to that debut album of her's ... the clips on Amazon make her sound like some awful Britney wannabe & do her no justice whatsoever); Brooke is growing on me week by week, as I never realized how intriguing her voice is until this week. Anyway, let's get this straight: I personally do not like David C. or Michael, so they will not receive praise on my part. However, not only do I not like her, but Ramiele is not a strong singer whatsoever & does not deserve to still be in the competition. I realize that "Against All Odds" is not originally Mariah's, but she sang it & compared to that version (sorry Rami, but not really--you did it to yourself), Ramiele sounded horrible. It's also worth noting that David H. made a huge mistake, imo, taking on a song Celine sang. I don't care how gay you are, you can't pull Celine off. (No offense, but it was bad.) Next week: Top 12!

No comments: