Friday, March 14, 2008

*UPDATED* Katharine McPhee Performs On American Idol + Idol Top 12 Review

Season 5 runner-up Katharine McPhee returned to American Idol this week to perform the song "Something" with David Foster on the piano. She just got up there & showed the new top 12 how it's done. It's not to say that some of them aren't better singers (& some worse), but she is so professional at this point & so confident. She looked and sang beautifully. Kat also said that she was recording new material, so hopefully, with a new label, she can have that sophomore album out to us in no time.

I must say, there isn't alot to talk about when it comes to the top 12 this week on Idol...

+ Syesha did well & did not deserve the bottom 3; Chikezie was, of course, surprisingly good; Amanda, for me, was really good this week (she is inconsistent overall, though); Jason & Carly were good ... again; & David A. didn't have his best week, but he is still amazing.

- I still don't like David C. or Michael; Brooke did nothing for me; I'm glad David H. is out of our hair; Kristy, of course, disappointed (I'm hoping she can show us what she's really made of in what is probably her last shot this coming week); & Ramiele was horrible, further causing me to question her placement in the competition.

I was not a fan of this Lennon/McCartney songbook & I'm not happy that they can come up with nothing better to do than the same thing again next week. No performance particularly stood out to me, but I would like to suggest purchasing David Archuleta's studio version of "We Can Work It Out" on iTunes. That kid is InCrEdIbLe in the studio. Ready already.

UPDATE: Here's the Top 12 Ford Music Video. I think I'll post these every week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was really impressed with Katharine's performance. Beautiful voice and such stage presence. Its been my favorite moment of this season so far, lol.