Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fantasia To Star In "The Color Purple" Movie

Fantasia is set to star in a movie based on the musical "The Color Purple" in which she has starred for quite a while ... but not just yet. 'Tasia plans to focus on her music career for the time being before returning to her role as Celie. She was quoted as saying:

“We haven’t started yet because I’m going to work on my album. I think it’s fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I’ll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again,” Fantasia explained. “I miss my music.”

I think it would be great for her to do the movie-musical adaptation, as I was never able to see her doing her thing live, but at the same time, I'm also glad she is returning to music, as well as touring, first because I love Fantasia's music. She is so unique, so I can't wait to see what she'll prepare for us this time, as her last album (2006's Fantasia) was, & still is, off the chain! Anyway, Oprah is actually behind the "Purple" project & is willing to wait until Fantasia is ready to make it happen. Good for her!

[Source, Source]

No comments: