Monday, February 4, 2008

Eve Re-Works "Here I Am" With Swizz Beatz

Despite releasing single "Tambourine" last year, rapper Eve has yet to release her latest album, Here I Am (cover art to the left). While there is no official release date yet, it has been announced that Eve will be re-working the album with producer Swizz Beatz. He will be doing most, if not all, of the project now. Swizz was quoted as saying:

"It ain't over until it's out," he said. "Everybody wants the best for her. We just regrouping and starting back."

That's encouraging. He also tells MTV how hard it is to follow up a lead single like hers, and that when other producers get involved, "it messes up the formula." I suppose I get what he is saying, but dang! I also think that they should have released the album when "Tambourine" was hitting it's peak because the single probably would have shot up the charts with the extra promotion and all. But whatever because it doesn't matter now. I am anxious to hear Eve's return, though.

[Source, Source]

No comments: