Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cassie "Is It You" Video Premiere

"Is It You" is Cassie's single from the soundtrack to her new movie "Step Up 2: The Streets." She is one of the stars of the film (that I am not too excited about) and contributes to the soundtrack with this decent track. While the video is quite boring, it gives what I think is an encouraging hint at what is to come from her as-yet-untitled sophomore effort, supposedly due May 20th. Though she is no Beyonce, I find her simple vocals and, in turn, tracks nice. I do wonder if they are trying to make a video for every song on the soundtrack, with this, Missy's upcoming 2-songs-in-1 3D venture, and Trey Songz's unnecessary remix video, but that doesn't mean if we see 800 videos with clips of the film that we are going to go see it. Still, I've compiled all you need to know about the soundtrack HERE.

No comments: