Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jennifer Hudson Album Update + More

In a recent interview, both Jennifer Hudson & her interviewer spilled some beans relating to Jennifer's self-titled debut album, which drops on September 30th. Some song titles for the album were revealed including "Invisible" (produced by The Underdogs), "Pocketbook" (featuring Ludacris), & "Giving Myself To You." Check out how Jennifer describes another tune, "We Gon' Fight":

"It was produced by Tank. I’m a huge fan of his, & I thought the song was a great idea. I love the feeling of it. It’s very modern, but it has the elements of R&B."

The article also describes J-Hud's debut as having a "variety" of tracks "from blockbuster heart-renders to chic hip-hop-flavored experiments." I've been anxious for a while now to find out more about Jennifer's album, so this is quite satisfying. I am especially excited to hear that she will not only be displaying her magnificent voice on more "Dreamgirls"-like ballads, but will also be experimenting with some different sounds. I believe in Jennifer, so I know she has the talent to pull off any sound she goes for.

In related news, I thought I should mention that Jennifer has been hand-picked by Barack Obama to sing the National Anthem at the Democratic National Convention on the night Obama accepts the Democratic nomination for president. Congrats to her for that & I look forward to hearing her hit it out of the park!

[Source, Source]

No comments: