Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nicole Scherzinger Does Giant Magazine

"The lead pussycat" Nicole Scherzinger recently did a photo shoot and interview for Giant magazine. I decided to post these because they are especially beautiful! Nicole really pulled this one off. I knew she had it in her! One thing that might become obvious is that, despite the delays for her debut solo album Her Name Is Nicole and the poor reception of her singles thus far, I am quite the Nicole fan and supporter. I can't wait for the release (even though I know I have to...) and I LOVE her songs "Puakenikeni" and "Supervillain." Nicole confirmed something I suspected about her in the interview while discussing going solo:

“It’s just one continuous journey. I started out just making music that showed the other sides of me. I am still exploring that. I don’t think I have found any definite number of songs that says, ‘This is it; this says who I am as a solo artist coming out.’ I haven’t found that yet. I am continuously being challenged and inspired. It’s safe because it’s not out yet, but it’s also scary because you really want to challenge yourself as an artist, to take risks. You want to do things that you’re not used to doing. I got to work with a lot of people that I wouldn’t have expected to work with. I was in the studio the other night, and I was like, ‘I didn’t even know I could do this. This is great!’”

Nicole definitely goes to a different place with some of her records, especially for her (compared to PCD), so it's cool to see her acknowledge that she attempts to be different and is still trying to find her sound. I hope she can really come up with something great by the time her album finally gets released. If it does... *crosses fingers* You can check out the rest of the interview HERE and the rest of the photos below!


No comments: